KERCAM is the center of the solution to assist the board manufacturing.The additional modules of the kernel increase the assist possibility.
KERCAM view has for main objective to display an electronic board like you own eyes. This means that all graphics entities are visible.The board outline is by default in the same color than the epoxy used for most of the bare board. If there is cut out they could be displayed.If the board is returned a mirroring is automatically generated.The board display on KERCAM looks like your real board.By using the dashboard, it is possible to get nay type of display, you may change the color as you want, fill or not the entities, display or not. They are the basic action, some added action allow the user to display the internal layers, color the net, change the text …
KERCAM uses Data Base to save dataKERCAM save all the data in a standard format database, which mean all import or export, are easy to do.There two main type of saving, one is to save all the data related to the board and the other is to save all the data related to the site.
The database type is:
- The Part List database. It contents mainly all the localization information of the parts (X, Y, rotation, side)
- The Part Number database. It contents mainly data concerning electric information
- The Package database. It contents all the geometry of the package, including leads. Such data may be imported from a machine
- The Cross Table database. It contents the relationship between the part number comings from CAD or BOM and the part number effectively use in production. In KERCAM a customer part number is always associated with a customer name.
- The Nail database. It contents all the information describing a nail use to generated a nail fixture
KERCAM a new way to importDataKERCAM offers several modes to import data. They are:
- Import CAD file (CADENCE, MENTOR, GENCAD, PAD, P-CAD, ACCEL, Racal-Redac,CADSTAR,ORCAD, PROTEL, TOPCAD, INTEGRA)
- Import CAM file (FABMASTER, XMATIC, CAMCAD, ODB++, GENCAM, UNICAM, IPC356)
- Import Machine placement file
- Import Package description
- Import ASCII file with a Parser
- Mode with Fix size Column. KERCAM detect automatically the position of the column. It is possible to modify it.
- Mode Block. In this mode you have to rotate the horizontal column in vertical column. It is necessary to define the string of start and end block.
The parser is used in the following cases:
- Import X Y coordinate
- Import aperture table
- Import a BOM. In this mode using a sub-string could explode the Reference Designator.
- Import a net list
- Import a part number cross table
KERCAM include a documentation setKERCAM include a tool to generate a graphic file of the displayed board in metafile format of Microsoft (.emf) in vector mode. There is another feature, Color Code Coding. In this case two files are generated. One is the graphic display of the colored board; the other is the table with the colored code.
The standard display mode us the dashboard setup like:
- Display in fishbone mode
- Select the entity color
- Display or not the entity
- Display not mounted parts
The color coding use a table rule to setup:
- Select the attribute (rotation, part number, package …)
- Select the mode (bigger than, smaller than…)
- Select the value or use the auto mode.